February 11, 2012

Lord of the Rings Papercraft: Aragorn's Sword Anduril

Here's another Lord of the Rings paper model from Matrixskull. This time it is a 1:1 scale papercraft of Aragorn's reforged sword, Anduril. Anduril first appears in the third LOTR movie, The Return of the King. From tip to tip the paper sword measures a whopping 55" (140 cm) long! I especially like the inclusion of a display stand with the model.  The template for the sword (Pepakura PDO only) may be downloaded here. Previously, Matrixskull created a full scale papercraft of Legolas' blade.

8 comments:

  1. The file saves as a .avi unless you're smart enough to rename the extension to .pdo, and it's passworded to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I downloaded the file it saved for me as a PDO not as an AVI. And yes, the PDO is passworded in order to open in Pepakura Designer, but it will open in Pepakura Viewer without entering a password.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't open the file on papekura (or Adobe). It said that Pepakura doesn't recognize the file and it's not written PDO or AVI.

    (Sorry, I have difficulties to write in english...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For reasons I don't understand, when some people (like yourself and the person above) download the file it is given an AVI extension. If that is the case, You will need to rename the file to a PDO extension and then open it with Pepakura Viewer (not Pepakura Designer).

      Delete
    2. I understand but how rename the file ? The file is just a file, without anything : I can open it, but windows asked to me to choose the program. Adobe, Pepakura Viewer, VLC... can't read the file. I don't know how to do, sorry ^^'

      Delete
    3. The file can be renamed in windows explorer. Add .pdo to the end of the file name if it does not have an extension. However, it should have an extension if you downloaded it correctly. Perhaps you didn't download it correctly?

      Delete
    4. I manage to download it ! Thanks for all : the problem was that I downloaded with Mozilla Firefox.
      I tried with Internet Explorer and it works correctly. I suppose that Mozilla was the origin of the problem.
      So, thanks for your help, and sorry for the disturbance !

      Delete